Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The law of the land

Murphy's law: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong". This law must have come in to affect the day I was born. I never know what each day will bring. What I do know is that there will always be some unfortunate event at the most inconvenient time. Just this morning as we're rushing to get Pickle out the door, it's discovered that the cat had decided to puke in his shoe. Of course she did... he is after all the only person in this house who doesn't own an extra pair of tennis shoes. As I'm scrubbing them down, we hear the bus as it carries on to school without him. Thus of course leaving me with no alternative but to take him to school. Wouldn't be a big deal if he went to school in the town in which we live. Honestly though, I wasn't mad. When your life is a series of unfortunate events, a sense of humor becomes your best trait. Oh how I laughed. They say laughter is good for your heart. With my life, I must be developing one hell of a strong heart. Pickle, on the other hand, found it less than amusing.
The cat... pretty talented if you ask me. Not a drop outside of the shoe.

2 comments:

Cari said...

Haha! Only in the Merritt house!

Anonymous said...

That is funny...did he have wet socks for the rest of the day???